Housetech delighted to learn of Investors expanding Brazilian property portfolios
Brazilian based Real Estate Development Company, Housetech, is delighted to learn that the vast majority of property transactions currently taking place across Brazil involve investors looking to increase the size of property portfolios and take adva
3/20/12 10:14 AM CET
Brazilian based Real Estate Development Company, Housetech, is delighted to learn that the vast majority of property transactions currently taking place across Brazil involve investors looking to increase the size of property portfolios and take advantage of substantial profit margins.
A number of Brazilian property experts, speaking to the ‘Property Secrets’ publication, have revealed that around 70% of recent real estate sales are down to investors, while the remaining 30% is due to people purchasing homes for their own use.
At present there is a mixed blend of purchasing patterns taking place across several regions in Brazil. In most instances investors are buying en masse, snapping up a number of buildings in popular regions, whilst others are purchasing perhaps one unit as a potential nest egg to secure their financial future.
Much of the heavy investment tends to depend on location, with investors spending big money where housing development is rife and is likely to attract potential buyers to whom investors can sell property on at prices that will see original investors make a profit.
Leading Brazilian property experts have also identified that many of those investing in Brazilian Real Estate tend to be from the medium-upper class, who are purchasing property in order to utilise them for rental purposes.
The growing influence of investors follows a report recently released by ‘Obelisk International’, who highlighted that Brazil’s growing middle-class are proving to be the driving force of Brazil’s prospering property market, with the overall demographic being a substantial factor of continued growth.
In particular ‘Obelisk International’ identified the Zona Norte region, situated in the city of Natal, as a current ‘hotspot’ for property development as demand continues to surge amongst middle-class residents.
CEO of Housetech, Waseem Saddique, said: “we are delighted about this news, as it means that our industry sector continues to see growth despite recent talk of the property market being immersed in a ‘bubble’. With major events on the horizon, we can only expect demand to increase and therefore we will see a continued rise in investment and investment opportunities.”
In many cases investors are buying up property now ahead of Brazil’s hosting of the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the 2016 Olympics. Many are hoping to capitalise on the rental market, renting out properties to the millions that will flock to Brazil in a bid to be involved in the upcoming sporting events.What’s clear is that investment opportunities in Brazilian Real Estate are currently at a premium, with surging buying and selling figures the numbers only look set to rise further and investors from all over the world are being encouraged to get involved.