PHONEDOG MEDIA INTRODUCES THE FIRST WEEKLY RANKING CHARTS FOR SMARTPHONES
PhoneDog Media introduces the "Official Smartphone Rankings"™ designed to be the industry standard for how smartphones are ranked on a weekly basis, akin to what the Billboard Charts are for Music, or the Nielson Ratings are for TV
With new mobile devices being introduced on a daily basis, consumers are continually trying to determine which are the best devices at any given time. The Official Smartphone Rankings will provide consumers with a clear picture of how people and industry experts are rating available devices in the marketplace today. In addition to the rankings, users will be able to view hundreds of recent reviews, how the devices are currently trending, and view a summary of how each of their favorite tech reviewers voted for their top five phones.
"I'm excited about PhoneDog's Official Smartphone Rankings," said Aaron Baker, Editor-in-Chief of PhoneDog. "With this revolutionary new website feature, we'll be able to provide collective expert opinions while allowing everyone’s voice to be heard in true PhoneDog style.
”Voting results will be published at http://www.phonedog.com/rankings every Monday morning by 10:00 AM Eastern time.
“After months of development, we are proud to establish the first weekly rankings charts for smartphones. Between our engaged audience and the panel of experts, the Official Smartphone Rankings is poised to become the most relevant ranking charts available to consumers,” said Tom Klein, CEO of PhoneDog.
Factoids for each ranking chart:
People’s Choice Rankings
Mobile Tech Expert Rankings
- Any user with a valid Facebook or Twitter account can submit a vote each week
- Votes are tallied each week starting from 12:01am Monday through the following Sunday at Midnight Eastern Time
- Weekly results are updated and published every Monday at 10:00 AM Eastern time
- After votes are cast, users can continue to rank individual device features and submit detailed reviews
- A select group of mobile tech experts votes for their Top 5 overall devices each week
- A point system is used to determine the combined voting of the experts, with 5 points being awarded for each experts #1 choice, 4 points for the #2 selection, down to the each expert’s #5 selection receiving 1 point
- Each expert submits a summary on their voting perspective
- Each editor’s voting history can be viewed under their respective profile
- Weekly results are published every Monday at 10:00 AM Eastern time
PhoneDog Media's Official Smartphone Rankings can be accessed from PhoneDog.com or directly at http://www.phonedog.com/rankings
and voting can be completed using login credentials from Facebook, Twitter, or the PhoneDog website.
About PhoneDog Media
PhoneDog Media is a highly interactive mobile news and reviews resource that attracts a community of more than 2.5 million unique visitors each month. The site may have a ‘cute’ name, but it offers up serious editorial content and video reviews that users rely on to make important decisions about their next mobile purchases.
PhoneDog reviews the latest products and services across all carriers and platforms, giving users the resources needed to research, compare prices, and shop from those providers that fit their needs. Site editors are highly engaged, frequently replying to comments and forum threads and elevating the conversation to the next level.
PhoneDog’s content is unique in that it really speaks to the average mobile consumer in a way that they can understand with clear, concise articles, reviews, tricks and shortcuts that anyone can grasp. It explores how each phone model interrelates with different lifestyles, illustrating how one phone might be better for stock traders versus soccer moms or small business owners versus commuters.
The most popular PhoneDog offerings are the video reviews hosted by the site editors. Each month PhoneDog videos reach an average audience of over 3 million viewers.
Other unique facets of the site include ‘PhoneDog Fans’ – which provides a way for really dedicated users to contribute their own content with the chance of having it featured on the site and the ‘One Paw Bandit’ game where users have the chance to win free phone
Contact: Rebecca Atwood (Director of Marketing)
Contact: Tom Klein (CEO)
Visit our press room